HOME ORGANIZATION 101
HOW TO SIGN UP:
If you would like to join our organizing challenge, sign up (here
) on the event page. Once you are signed up, join the Home Organization 101 group page on Facebook (HERE). On this page, you can ask questions, post pictures, and support each other during this 14 week process.
I only have one rule for the challenge.
GRAB A BUTTON!
If you are joining the challenge, please place the challenge button on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, please share the challenge on your Facebook page, Twitter, or Instagram.
HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS:
Home Organization 101 will continue for 14 weeks. Each Saturday, I will post a new “space” along with pictures of my finished space and share the process of how you can organize yours. You can take as long as you need, and once you are finished organizing your space, come back here to this post and link up your blog (with pictures) to share with all of us. If you do not have a blog, you can take pictures and share them on our Facebook group page (here
). Questions, ask away… Our facebook page is the best place to ask them. Have fun! Now lets get organized.
WEEK #3 – THE PANTRY
This week should be a bit easier than the previous two weeks (hopefully). We are cleaning out and organizing the pantry! I split up the kitchen and pantry because I think the pantry is a separate job itself! I didn’t want you to get burnt out from being in the kitchen for two weeks straight. Follow the steps to get your pantry organized below!
BEFORE YOU START THE CHALLENGE, TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR PANTRY.
1. Make sure you have boxes, bins, etc… before you get started. You will need them. I purchased mine at a local store but some baskets similar to mine can be found here
. * If you do not have baskets/bins, you can still organize your pantry into “categories”.
2. If you are using them, line up your empty bins & baskets on the kitchen table. If you do not have bins, you can still separate your food into ‘categories’ on the table.
3. Take everything out of your pantry. Check the expiration date and throw out expired or no longer used items. Place “like” items in the baskets on the table. Organizing your food into categories (bins) will help keep your pantry looking nice and neat. (Categories to consider: School, Breakfast, Pasta, Baking, Sauce, Bread, Snacks, Sides, etc.)
4. Once you are finished organizing into categories, you can wipe out your pantry, sweep, mop, etc… to get it all clean.
8. Place all of your neatly organized bins & boxes back into your pantry.
9. Label each bin with a labeler or hang a tag on the basket like I did.
*This is only a guide to help get you started. Customize your pantry to fit the needs of your family.
Thats it!! All done. Now take some pictures and share with us. 🙂
Using baskets has helped us keep our pantry organized.
I use the top shelf for small appliances, etc.
I love the Elfa door organizers. They give me so much more space to store canned goods, etc. We do not have a lot of canned goods. We eat mostly fresh, but if not in season, then freezer veggies.
I keep extra reusable grocery bags in the basket under the shelves.
Each of my green baskets contain a “category”.
Whenever the kids go into the pantry to get a snack, they know to leave the “school snacks” alone. They are ONLY for school lunches.
I keep a running tally of my pantry items. I got this printable from Clean Mama on Etsy here. I take it to the grocery store with me so I know what Im out of.
I attached the chalkboard labels onto the baskets with zip ties.
Thats our pantry! Its functional and easy for our family to utilize.
PRODUCTS FOUND IN MY PANTRY
1. Wire Baskets (similar to mine) – Amazon
2. Mini Chalkboard labels (similar to mine) – Amazon
3. Green bins – Target
4. Large woven basket – Target
5. Clipboard – Staples
6. Grocery Bag Holder – Amazon
This weeks’ post is sponsored by Jennifer from The Fragrance Lamp. Check out her cute website here
to see her products!
VISIT WEEK #4 THE OFFICE ORGANIZATION (HERE)
Once you have completed the task of cleaning and organizing your pantry, link up below. Have fun organizing.
LINK UP YOUR PANTRY PICTURES ONLY…
Tags: kitchen, organizing, pantry, pantry organization
Blog, Home Organization 101, Kitchen, Organize, our home, pantry, Slider Posted in