Welcome to week #13 of my organizing challenge. We are just about finished. This week we are organizing the Master Closet. For me, it seems like this area ALWAYS needs organized. It’s hard to keep it clean all the time, with the amount of laundry we have. So I struggle with this area. I wish it would stay exactly like the picture shows, but unfortunately it doesn’t. So this week, I will be re-organizing my closet right along with you. I hope you get the most out of this post and get your closets in order!! Happy Organizing!
Week #13 – THE MASTER CLOSET
We only have 1 more week to go!! Yay! Your goal for the week is to purge, clean, and organize your master closets. I bet you really need this challenge!!
1. Take a picture of your space “before” you start & share it with the facebook group here.
2. Gather up 4 baskets: Keep, Trash, donate, other room.
3. Sort & purge! Go through everything in the closet. Take it all out & organize into the bins.
4. Clean! After you have sorted through everything, you can vacuum or mop the closet & wipe down shelving.
5. Organize! Now its time to organize. Hang the clothes in “sections”. Short sleeve, long sleeve, pants, dresses, etc… Color code if you are feeling extra ocd. Organize the shoes too!
6. Now take an “after” picture. You’re done! Come back here to share your hard work.
MY MASTER CLOSET
In our new home, we are blessed to have a HUGE master walk in closet. Its about 25×9 in size and fits a lot of stuff. I knew that I had to find a good system to organize everything or it would end up out of control. Also, I chose to hang all of our jeans/bottoms as well as all shirts. I kept my t-shirts in my dresser. I love how it turned out! Its nothing fancy… no elfa systems or any of that, but we love it and it works well for us.
The shoe boxes came from the Container store. I purchased a pack of 20 boxes for about $30 or so.
The decorative storage boxes are from the Container store as well. They are on sale for $16.99 each. They house beach towels, camera equipment, keepsakes, sports stuff, and travel items.
Below are wire drawers from Ikea. They store my husbands things (socks, pjs, swim trunks, white t-shirts, underwear, etc…).
My husbands belts and ties are organized with these neat hanging things from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They were under $10 each.
My nursing uniforms, medical bag, and shoes are organized together for easy access.
The shelf on other side of the closet stores boot boxes, jewelry boxes, dust bags, etc. The decorative container keeps “boxes” for electronics, etc. (Ipad, kindles, etc…).
My husbands side is just as large as mine.
I found this shoe organizer at the Container Store. My flip flops fit perfectly in them. It was on sale for $12.99.
My husband hung a large peg board on one wall in the closet for my “accessories and purses”.
The hooks came from Home Depot. I love this system so much!
I used a shower curtain hook for my belts.