This month I will be sharing a few spring cleaning posts, to help inspire you to dust off those cob webs, open up the blinds & let the sunshine in. If you are like me, you need motivation to conquer such a large set of tasks & thats what I hope to do this month. Join me today, as I share my updated Spring Cleaning Plan. But before we begin cleaning, I want to share some tips on how you can get prepared for the week ahead. Happy cleaning!
Getting prepared for a week of spring cleaning:
1. I make sure I am all stocked up on my cleaners. For my spring cleaning, I typically use Basic H which is an all purpose cleaner, window cleaner, and degreaser in one, Scour off, Nature Bright & Basic G. I also use Method products from target, as well as Mrs. Meyers. I only use non-toxic cleaners in my home. (Cleaning with toxic cleaners does more harm than good). I place the cleaners in my caddy, along with trash bags & rags.
- Clean all baseboards, banisters, walls, windows & mirrors (spraying everything with Basic H eliminates the need for a bucket of water & cleaner)
- Clean all glass surfaces
- Wipe down electronics
- Wash all curtains (including shower curtains)
- Wash all bedding (including quilts & pillows)
- Flip mattresses
- Empty all trash cans, clean and sanitize them.
- Clean the kitchen:
- Clear the entire counter top and sanitize
- Wipe out & organize all cabinets. Throw out old food and dishes you no longer use.
- Wipe off the top of fridge
- Dust fridge coils
- Clean out fridge and freezer
- Clean out oven (including vents)
- Clean microwave
- Sanitize the sink and garbage disposer
- Wipe down all appliances.
- Change all filters (furnace, water filtration)
- Add salt to water softener
- Polish all furniture in house (and wax if needed)
- Clean toilets, sinks, medicine cabinets and showers
- Vacuum out couches & chairs
- Wash couch cushions
- Vacuum and mop all floors
- Wash rugs
- Shampoo all carpets
- Replace all smoke detector batteries
- Replace burnt out lightbulbs
- Rest because next week its time to head outside!!
Extra chores you can do this week:
- Switch out winter wardrobe to spring
- Oil change in car (fill fluids, check belts, install new wipers)
- Clean out car (Shampoo floors, mats & seats, leather conditioner)
- Clean out vacuum cleaner
- Clean out dog kennel
- Reseal grout lines & recaulk
- Clean out email box
- Clean out (& sanitize) litter box
- Clean out your wallet/purse/backpack
- Clean the lint trap in the dryer
See all of my 2014 SPRING CLEANING blog posts here.
THE ULTIMATE SPRING CLEANING PRINTABLES KIT
Visit A Bowl Full of Lemons post HERE to get your “Ultimate Spring Cleaning Printables Kit”. The kit includes the ultimate spring cleaning plan (as outlined above), a comprehensive spring cleaning checklist, a checklist for the kids, 2 blank checklists for you to customize your own spring cleaning, how to put together the ultimate cleaning caddy, your spring cleaning shopping checklist, notes page, and 8 essential spring cleaning recipes – all for only $8.00. It has everything you need to implement your cleaning routine this season. Get all of my spring cleaning tips in one place, & come back to ABFOL to see how I implement them during the month of March.